I’m about 15 days late and several minutes depending upon time zones. My defense is I got here as soon as I can. Sorry Sonia! The Liebster award won’t keep an undisciplined blogger away and it won’t certainly keep me. More about my fight with myself in another post, but first the award.
I have been nominated for my first ever Liebster award by http://itsallaboutsonia.com/ she is an amazing blogger called Sonia, so go give her a visit.Thank you very much Sonia, you got me feeling rather nice about blogging right when I needed it.
The rules for Liebster Award are the following:
Post 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers to do the same
Let the bloggers know you have nominated know they have been nominated
11 Facts about Me:
-I am the eldest in my family
-I’m a hybrid South Indian (go figure!)
– I hate a mess (But I’m not fussy, I let it be for a day at least :-))
– I love a good book, a bowl of popcorn and a cup of ice-cream. All at the same time.
– I love action and sci-fi films…romance on a good day too.
– My friends think I’m crazy and call me a walking dictionary.
– My husband is THE Best! (all credit his 😉 )
– Rings – Bling rings – totally do it for me!
-I have a Law Degree.
– I have a habit of over-imagination
– I love talking to myself and occasionally to people around me.
These are the 11 questions Sonia posed:
Why did you start blogging? I thought I knew, but I’m looking for this truth again.
What do you love the very most in the world? OK, so I regard this as philosophy. I would say family, but then again the world is a transient place.
Cats or Dogs? Cats.
Favourite film? A movie I can keep watching is Beauty and the Beast. To date I have even watched a french and spanish version of it!
Must have for this season? A red lipstick. It’s winter after all.
Who inspires you? Everyone. The people I care about, read about, hear about, the usual news makers, the carpenter who fixes my wall hangings and the sometimes present gardener who gardens my garden without letting me know about it. I admire people and they inspire me in return.
Favorite place to go? I want to go to England. Not just London, but the lake sides, the sea-side, the moors, Wales and even Ireland! Yes, I know how that’s tied in.
Favorite Meal? Rotis, a simple meat curry – could be mince, chicken, anything really. Basic home cooked comfort food.
Place you would most like to visit in the world? The States. All of them.
Cooking or Baking? Baking – any day! My life a whole lot easier.
What did you want to be when you were a child? A ton of things. Curse of the over – active imagination. Examples are: journalist, explorer (Lara Croft), a Disney princess, an archaeologist, a botanist and the usual; a doctor.
I’d like to nominate these wonderful bloggers:
Disclaimer: I understand that the above list must constitute blogs who have a certain limited readership. Then again, this is my way of saying thank you to almost all the bloggers who have paid me a visit and found my blog worth reading. To those whom I may have missed out on, I thought the list would be too long, besides you can always post comments here 🙂
My questions for the above set of people are:
- Why choose that particular name for your blog?
- Why wordpress.com to host it on?
- What’s the biggest high you’ve got from blogging since you started?
- Any downside to blogging?
- Cats, Dogs or Horses?
- Rain or Sunshine?
- What do you do / did/ want to do offline? (pardon the grammar)
- Any tips for me? (Cash works fine too!)
- Like gardening?
- One word to describe you.
- Two words to describe your life.
And I hope you enjoy reading the rest of my blog.